While SMV has been busy delivering Justitian, Harm’s Way, and Troika, Degenesis fans have been rather busy as well. Here’s a look at some of the creative and engaging work they’ve recently produced:
- Court of the Piast (CΉΣЯПӨJΛCK in the Discord) has made his marvelous Degenesis: How to Start Playing – Guide for Beginners available in English. The original Polish version was so good he was forced by popular demand to make a second version in English. Also, if you’re at all interested in using Foundry VTT for playing Degenesis online, you owe it to yourself to check out his Foundry Guide - Basics for Beginners video.
- Tokala’s Famulancer Friday comics keep getting better and better week by week.
- Episode 0 of the very well-produced German-language Mobilus FM podcast (Spotify) from Discord regulars Captain Yarr, Caraplayingstuff, and Lucatore de Ushant is devoted to Degenesis.
- I had a small role in this effort – part one of a splendid playthrough of the Harm’s Way one-shot/starter scenario. Sitting in on it being played in real-time was a treat. Harm’s Way is a wonderful intro to both Degenesis and Justitian.
- As always, the Links section of T2B will take you to more fan-produced material, and the Community section of Degenesis.com contains dozens of inspiring fan-produced images.
- I’m also quite likely missing a few things – this is a busy fan community. To be sure you’re up on all the latest, be sure to join the Degenesis Discord.
Musings from the Mind of Marko
Anglica and Erwan invited me to participate in Episode 11 of The Cluster Speaks (Spotify - Apple Podcasts), for which I am grateful. We were fortunate to be able to pick the mind of Marko himself, uncovering many of his insights into how he thinks about the world of Degenesis, his creative processes, and how he comes up with such well-defined and compelling NPCs. This really is a must-listen – Marko lays out a lot of thoughts that provide understanding of the world of Degenesis at a conceptual level.